Tuesday, September 28, 2010

William, Bert, Tom and WFB 8th edition




Meet my first 3 Stone Trolls. As the Hobbit is one of my favorite books i decided these three should be named for the trolls in the story. Moving from left to right in the Photo we have Tom, William and Bert. Currently they are acting as my generals bodyguard, which also helps to prevent them from failing their stupidity rolls quite so often. Its quite a nice symbiotic relationship.


After half a dozen recent games of Warhammer Fantasy I'd say that overall I like 8Th edition. There are a few points I'm not so fond of, such as the rules that will nearly always allow High Elves to strike first and re roll misses. This also applies to the Primal Fury for rule for beastmen which is nearly as bad. The rules for maneuvering and charging seem a little too forgiving but they seem to clean up problems with playability. Overall my least liked issues are failure to win points for a unit not completely destroyed. (3 guys left out of 20 gives no victory points for example)and the Terrain rules. Simply stated the new rules for terrain are terrible. The new rules generate way to much terrain, and far to much of that is either mystical or magical in some way. As long as my opponent is of a like mind I prefer just plain terrain and not too much of it either.

2 comments:

  1. Hey these look great! I have always wanted a night goblin army, started one, sold them b/c it was too daunting. I applaud your focus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice looking army, the color scheme works great with the trolls. I have not yet tried the 8th ed but I here it is fun.

    ReplyDelete