Sunday, August 25, 2013

Test figures and odds and ends

I had the urge to try and finish a few odds and ends that have been on my painting desk for a while. None of these have been based yet.  This first fellow is a test figure for some new Rank and File WSS Dutch I recently ordered. I want to paint some French eventually to fight them so I tried to pick a non white /grey uniformed regiment. Here is a musketeer of regiment Nassau Friesland. These figures wonderful and are not too chunky. The detail is marvelously crisp. The musketeer photo was taken outside on a sunny day and really shows the true colors very well.


 I also finished a few Perry plastic WOTR figures. Here are a test bowman, billman and standard bearer for Henry Beaufort, Duke of Somerset. If I can, I like to paint standard bearers as my test figures these days as they usually look extra cool and help inspire further painting more than usual!




No comments:

Post a Comment