Saturday, February 6, 2010

Finally Flocked


It's been a while since I started Year of the Goblin and although I have been on schedule with my painting of goblins, I finally finished basing (flocking) a unit. For some reason I hate basing and it took me a while to decide how to base these guys. I used to always go right for the Woodland Scenics mixed turf but I have wanted to start using more realistic looking methods for some time. I'm pretty happy with the results although I probably could have gone a shade lighter for the final drybrush on the bases.



As I said previously I am right on schedule, having completed a Goblin a day since I started the project on December 16Th. Prior to that date I had completed 12 Goblins. Today I have 65 goblins done. Here is a photo of the first 28 goblin unit. I have another whole unit complete and then some but haven't finished flocking them yet. As for the unit size I have read that I probably will want to go larger, but I plan to paint the goblins in a unified scheme throughout the army to facilitate converging units if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment